I take your privacy seriously.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on my website so you should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email if you are a customer.
I take our duty to process your personal data very seriously. This policy explains how we collect, manage, use and protect your personal data.
Who are we?
In this policy references to Rob Cadman Photography, the Rob Cadman Photography which is a registered company in England and Wales, Registered office address: Rob Cadman Photography.
What personal data I collect and how we use it
I am what’s known as the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We will usually collect basic personal data about you like your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
We collect your data in a number of ways
- When you provide it to me directly.
- When you provide permission to other organisations to share it with me
- When I collect it as you use our websites
- From publicly available sources (where possible)
I combine the information from these sources with the information you provide to me directly.
What is ‘personal data’? Personal data is any information related to a natural person or ‘data subject’ that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person.
How we use your data
When I collect your data we use it in connection with specific activities
Visitors to our website
When someone visits www.robcadman.com or use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. I do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Users of our service
I may process your personal data that is provided in the course of the use of my services. The service data may include your name, email address, postal address, service preferences. The source of the service data comes from you when you provide it to me in the course of a negotiation or sale. The service data may be processed for the purposes of operating my website, providing our services, ensuring the security of my website and services, maintaining back-ups of my databases and communicating with you.
I may process your personal data to provide you with information about my work, products or services that you have requested or are expecting.
I also process your data when it is in my legitimate interests to do this and when these interests do not override your rights. When I use legitimate interest to process your data for marketing purposes I may use data provided by a third party, where I use data provided by a third party I will obtain their assurances on being GDPR compliant.
Those legitimate interests include providing you with information on my services, products, newsletter requests, feedback. Please see the section on ‘Legitimate Interest’ for more information.
Providing your data to others
During the standard course of business, I may pass your data to other 3rd parties, our data systems are;
- Square Space: I use this service to host my website and to collect data that is submitted to me through the website including online orders
- Linked In for Marketing and contacting clients.
- Google, we use Google business tools for email, storage and communication
- Instergram for marketing and communication
As from 25 May 2018, under the General Data Protection Regulation, Rob Cadman will rely on legitimate interest as per GDPR Article 6(1)(f) for some of its processing of personal data. Broadly speaking Legitimate Interests means I can process your personal information if:
I have a genuine and legitimate reason.
I are not harming any of your rights and interests.
Please read the ‘Legitimate Interest’ statement for more information.
Retaining your information
The periods for which I keep your information depend on the purpose for which your information was collected and the use to which it is put. Personal data that I process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
What are your rights?
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) your principal rights are;
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed).
- Right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month at a reasonable cost (right of access).
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification).
- Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing).
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be ‘forgotten’).
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object).
- Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes (right to data portability).
- Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
If you would like to know more about your rights under the data protection law see the Information Commissioners Office website.
Remember, you can change the way you hear from us or withdraw your permission for us to processing your personal data at any time by using the form on our website or by clicking an unsubscribe link in which will be on all marketing based emails
Third party websites
My website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. I have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
How to contact me